PhD: Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (1974)
The research interests are as follows:
- Identification of structural, functional and regulatory domains
- To understand the mechanism of antimitotic drugs binding to
- To understand the mechanism of chaperone-like activity of tubulin
Name of group members
- Prof. B. Bhattacharyya
- Mr. Tapas Kumar Manna
- Mr.Taradas Sarkar
- Ms. Suvroma Gupta
- Mr. Asim Kumar Poddar
Important publications (ten)
- Sengupta S, Banerjee S, Chakrabarti G, Mahapatra P, Roy, S and
Bhattacharyya B. (2000). NBD-isocolcemid-tubulin interaction :
A novel one-step reaction involving no conformational adjustment
of reactants. Biochemistry, 39, 2227-34.
- Guha, S, Manna, TK, Das KP and Bhattacharyya B. (1998) Chaperon-like
activity of tubulin. J Biol Chem, 273 (46), 30077-80.
- Guha S and Bhattacharyya B. (1997). Refolding of urea-denaturation
tubulin : recovery of native like structure and colchicines binding
activity from partly unfolded states. Biochemistry, 36(43), 13208-13.
- Banerjee S, Chakrabarti G and Bhattacharyya B. (1997). Colchicine
binding to tubulin monomers : a mechanistic study. Biochemistry,
- Guha S, Rawat SS, Chattopadhyay A and Bhattacharyya B (1996).
Tubulin conformation and dynamics : a red edge excitation shift
study. Biochemistry, 35(41), 13426-33.
- Chakrabarti G, Sengupta S and Bhattacharyya B (1996). Thermodynamics
of colchicinoid-tubulin interactions. Role of B-ring and C-7 substituent.
J Biol Chem, 271(6), 2897-901.
- Sarkar N, Mukhopadhyay K, Parrack P and Bhattacharyya B (1995).
Aging of tubulin monomers using 5,5'-bis(8-anilino-1-naphthalenesulfonate)
as a probe. Biochemistry, 34(41), 13367-73.
- Guha S and Bhattacharyya B (1995). A partially folded intermediate
during tubulin unfolding : its detection and spectroscopic characterization.
Biochemistry, 34(21), 6925-31.
- Panda D, Roy S and Bhattacharyya B (1992). Reversible dimmer
dissociation of tubulin S and tubulin detected by fluorescence
anisotropy. Biochemistry, 31 (40) 9709-16.
- Mazumdar M, Parrack PK, Mukhopadhyay K and Bhattacharyya B (1992).
Bis-ANS as a specific inhibitor for microtubule-associated protein
induced assembly of tubulin. Biochemistry, 31(28) 6470-74.