Division of Plant Biology
Gangopadhyay, M., Dewanjee, S. and Bhattacharya, S. (2011) Enhanced
plumbagin production in elicited Plumbago
indica hairy root cultures. Journal
of Bioscience and Bioengineering 111, 706-710
2. Gangopadhyay, M., Dewanjee, S., Chakraborty, D. and Bhattacharya, S. (2011) Role of exogenous phytohormones on growth and plumbagin accumulation in Plumbago indica hairy roots and conservation of elite root clones via synthetic seeds. Industrial Crops and Products 33, 445-450.
3. Gangopadhyay, M., Dewanjee, S., Bhattacharyya, S. and Bhattacharya, S. (2010) Effect of different strains of Agrobacterium rhizogenes and nature of explants on Plumbago indica airy root culture with special emphasis on root biomass and plumbagin production. Natural Product Communications 5, 1913-1916.
4. Gangopadhyay M, Chakraborty D, Bhattacharyya S, Bhattacharya S. (2010) Regeneration of transformed plants from hairy roots of Plumbago indica. Plant Cell Tiss Organ Cult. 102, 109-114
5. Gangopadhyay, M., Chakraborty, D.,Dewanjee, S. and Bhattacharya, S. (2010) Clonal propagation of Zephyranthes grandiflora using bulbs as explants. .Biol. Plant. 54 : 793-797.
6. Gangopadhyay, M., Chakraborty, D. and Bhattacharya, S. (2010) Encapsulation and regeneration of in vitro derived Zephyranthes grandiflora: an effective way for exchange of germplasm, National Product Communication 5, 1-4.
7. Ray, A and Bhattacharya, S (2010) Storage and conversion of Eclipta alba synseeds and RAPD analysis of the converted plantlets. Biol. Plat. 54, 547-550.
Bhattacharya, S. and Bhattacharyya S. (2010) In vitro propagation
of Jasminum officinale L. : A woody ornamental vine yielding
aromatic oil from flowers In S.M. Jain and S.J. Ochatt (eds.)
Protocols for In Vitro Propagation of Ornamental Plants, Methods in
Molecular Biology, vol 589 pp117-126, DOI 10. 1007/978-1-60327-114_12,
Humana Press. (Book Chapter)
9. Ray, A., Bhattacharya, S., (2008). Storage and plant regeneration from encapsulated shoot tips of Rauvolfia serpentine – An effective way of conservation and mass propagation. South African Journal of Botany 74, 776-779.
10. Ray, A., Bhattacharya, S., (2008). Regeneration of genetically uniform Boerhaavia diffusa by culture of nodal explants and synthetic seeds. Int. Jr. Plant Dev.Biol. 2, 123-127.
11. Ray, A., Bhattacharya, S., (2008). Cryopreservation of in vitro grown nodal segments of Rauvolfia serpentine by PVS2 vitrification. Cryoletters 29, 321-328.
Ray, A. and Bhattacharya, S. (2008) An improved micropropagation of
Eclipta alba by in vitro priming with chlorocholine chloride. Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture 92, 315-319.
Bhattacharya, A., Bhattacharya, S., (2008) A study on root rot
disease of Coleus forskohlii
Briq. occurring in Gangetic West Bengal. J.
Botan. Soc. Bengal 62, 43- 47.
Gangopadhyay, M., Sircar, D., Mitra, A. and Bhattacharya, S. (2008)
Hairy root culture of Plumbago
indica as a potential source for harvesting plumbagin. Biologia
Plant. 52 (3), 533-537.
R., Ray, A., Gangopadhyay, M and Bhattacharya, S (2007) In vitro
conservation of Plumbago indica – a rare medicinal plant. Plant
Cell Biotechnology and Molecular Biology 8, 39-46.
16. Bhattacharyya, R., Bhattacharya, S., and Chaudhuri, S. (2006) Conservation and documentation of the medicinal plant resources of India: Biodiversity and Conservation 15, 2705-2717.
Bhattacharyya, R., Ray, A. and Bhattacharya, S. (2005) Changes
in plant names –Implementation of rules and problems to the users: Minor
Forest Product News 15 pp 9 –11.
Bhattacharyya, R. and Bhattacharya, S., Wenzel Mathers, M. and
Buckwold, V. E. (2004) Development
of a potent in vitro source of Phyllanthus amarus roots with
pronounced activity against surface antigen of hepatitis B virus :
vitroCellular and Developmental Biology – Plant, 40, 504 –508.
19. Bhattacharyya, R. and Bhattacharya, S. (2003) Establishment of Phyllanthusamarus root clone with significant activity against bovine viral diarrhoea virus –a surrogate model of hepatitis C virus: Current Science 84, 529 – 533.
Dutta, S., Das, B. and Bhattacharya, S. (2002). Selection of a
chemical treatment effecting enhancement of germination of Ambroma
augusta Linn. : Seed
Science &Technology 30, 659 -662.
21. Bhattacharyya, R. and Bhattacharya, S. (2001). High frequency in vitro propagationof Phyllanthus amarus Scum. & Thonn. by shoot tip culture. : Ind. Jr. Exp.Biol. 39, 1184 – 1187.
Bhattacharyya, R. and Bhattacharya, S. (2001) In vitro
multiplication of Coleus forskohlii
Briq. – An approach toward shortening the protocol. : In Vitro Plant and Develpmental
Biology – Plant 37, 572 – 575.
23. Bhattacharyya, R., Mondal, B. and Bhattacharya, S. (2001) In Vitro conservation and encapsulation of Coleus forskohlii. : Ind. Jr. Pl. Genet. Resour. 14, 313 –315.
24. Bhattacharya, S., Das, B., Ghosh, T. K. and Bhattacharya, S (1999). Investigation on seed germination of Nyctanthes arbor-tristis (Oleaceae) in relation to the total phenol content. : Seed Science & Technology 27, 321 – 327.
25. Bhattacharya, S and Bhattacharyya, S. (1997). Rapid multiplication of Jasminum officinale by in vitro culture of nodal explants. : Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture 51, 57 -60.
Bhattacharyya, S. and Bhattacharya, S. (1996). Micropropagation
of Nyctanthes arbor-tristis. In ‘Management of Minor Forest
Products for sustainability’ (Eds. M. P. Shiva and R. B. Mathur) Oxford
and IBH Publication, New Delhi, Chapter III, pp 145 – 149.
27. Bhattacharya, S. (1995). Improved regeneration from mature embryo-derived callus of Oryza sativa L. (sub species indica). : Natl. Bot. Sci. 49, 115 -119.
28. Bhattacharya, S., Das, S. and Mukherjee, K. K. (1993). Biochemical studies on palm pollen. : Grana, 32, 123 -127.
29. Bhattacharya, S., Das, S. and Mukherjee, K. K. (1992). Phenotypic and genotypic diversity in Basella species. Trans. Bose Res. Inst. 55, 1 -7.
30. Bhattacharya, S. (1991). Differential responses of rice (Oryza sativa L.) callus derived from three saline environments. : Phytomorphology 41, 133 -138.
31. Bhattacharya, S. (1991). Plant regeneration from mature embryo-derived callus of certain barley cultivars. : Phytomorphology 41, 121 – 124.
32. Bhattacharya, S. and Gupta, S. K. (1987). Growth and regenerating potentiality of roots of Nigella sativa L. in long term culture. : Phytomorphology 37, 303 -306.
Bhattacharya, S. and Mukherjee, B. B. (1983). IAA-oxidase
activity in different conditions of growth and rooting in jute (Corchorus
olitorius) callus. : Ind.
Jr.Exp. Biol. 19,347 -349.
34. Bhattacharya, S., Chatterjee, S., Biswas, P. and Mukherjee, B. (1981). Role of inoculum weight on physiology of growth and development of Corchorus olitorius and Nigella sativa tissue culture in vitro. : Ind. Jr. Exp. Biol. 19, 1030–1032.
35. Banerjee, S. and Gupta, S. (1976). Embryogenesis and differentiation in Nigella sativa leaf callus in vitro. : Physiol. Plant. 36, 115 -120.
Banerjee, S. and Gupta,
S. (1975). Suspension culture of Nigella
31, 792- 795.
Banerjee, S. and Gupta, S. (1975). Embryoids and plantlet formation
from stockculture of Nigella sativa. : Physiol.
Plant. 34, 243 -245.
Banerjee, S. and Gupta, S. (1975). Morphogenesis in tissue cultures
of different organs of Nigella
sativa. : Physiol. Plant. 33, 243
: (+91)(-33) 2350-6790
: (033) 23031132